He has been diagnosed with a type of cancer, which has not been specified, Buckingham Palace reported this Monday. In a statement, the British royal family explained that the tumor was discovered in the recent surgical procedure to treat an enlarged prostate in January, although the BBC public corporation explained that it is not prostate cancer.

He king75, began a “schedule of regular treatments” today, during which he will suspend his public activities, according to Buckingham.

LOOK: Carlos III faces cancer after a year of reign and seven decades of waiting to assume the crown

“During the king’s recent hospital process for a benign prostate enlargementa different matter of concern was discovered. Subsequent diagnostic tests have identified a form of cancer”says the note.

Britain’s King Charles III looks on during an official welcoming ceremony at the Arc de Triomphe in Paris on September 20, 2023. (Photo by Yoan VALAT/POOL/AFP).

/ YOAN VALAT

According to Buckinghamdespite canceling his next public activities, Carlos III will continue to carry out his office work normally.

”Her Majesty has chosen to share her diagnosis to avoid speculation and in the hope that it can help public understanding towards all those in the world who are affected by cancer,” the statement said.

Carlos III feels “very positive” about his cancer treatment and intends to “return to full public activity as soon as possible.”

The king also expressed his gratitude to the medical team that treated him for their “quick intervention.”which made his recent surgical process possible.

On January 26, The monarch was admitted to the London Clinic hospitalin the center of the British capital, to undergo surgery to enlarge prostateas had been announced nine days before.

Britain's King Charles III and Prince Harry walk behind the coffin of Queen Elizabeth II.  (LOIC VENANCE / AFP).

Britain’s King Charles III and Prince Harry walk behind the coffin of Queen Elizabeth II. (LOIC VENANCE / AFP).

Harry will travel to see his father

He prince harryyoungest son of king Charles III and distanced from the royal family, he spoke with his father and will travel in the coming days from his residence in California, United States, to visit him, the BBC reported.

He duke of sussex He could travel today from his Californian home of Montecito to London, according to the ‘Daily Telegraph’ newspaper.

Harry39 years old, He spoke personally with his father and immediately began making plans for his displacementdespite the fact that in recent years he has ostensibly distanced himself from the royal family, where he no longer acts as an active member.

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, He will remain in the United States with the couple’s two children, Archiefour years old, and Lilibettwo, according to the ‘Telegraph’.

Buckingham Palace sources said Carlos III personally reported his cancer diagnosiswhich has not been specified, to his two childrenHarry and the heir, William, as well as all his siblings, Anne, Andrew and Edward.



Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *